Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Moments

Whats interesting about life is its ups and downs,

It doesn't take days, hours or even minutes,

In just a couple of seconds one can be happy or sad,

I want to get a point across,

Bs I'm having a bit of trouble explaining,

So bare with me....

As it takes just seconds to be in one mood or another,

Why do we always end up dwelling in a phase which consists of depression,

sadness,

pain,

and regret?

Why don't happy moments last for that long?

Or why don't we feel them,

perceive them,

and most of all comprehend them?

In my opinion and probably yours,

Because its easier to be in pain than look for happiness which may not even exist,

Its easier to cry than smile,

It takes one bad memory to initiate a stream of tears,

But to get to laugh, sincerely, from your heart... what does that take?

A lot.

I wish one day,

I

and

you,

Reach a point where we do more than just realise and conclude,

Reach a point where we choose to live those happy moments,

Where we cherish them,

Extend them beyond those sad moments in life.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, made my eyes tear a little heh ..
    Exactly the reminder I needed, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unforgivable sinner: inshalla:)

    Thecoconutcake: thnks, oo glad it helped, ma feeha shay itha ur tears came out, a7san mn carrying a load of weight on ur chest :) hope u feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your writing style, 7atta ur blog layout reminds me of a person i used to know

    mm

    this is one of those things that's easier said than done. but i hope that for everybody too imagine what the world would be like ;p

    ReplyDelete