Friday, 25 March 2011

Mum

The rest of the world seems so worthless when compared to being in your mothers arms,

I miss my mum so much,

And it kills knowing that all this time I'm wasting away from her will never be replaced,

I don't know what else to say,

I have a mother,

But I can't be with her.

It hit home yesterday when shopping,

I tried to remember her figure when wanting to get her a dress,

But I couldn't,

It's been 4 months since I last hugged her,

Held her,

Felt her.

4 months isn't much time to be apart from someone,

But for being away from my own mother,

It seems like decades.

I'm fortunate enough to still have my mum,

I know one day this will be over and I'll run back to her arms,

Thererfore I am thankful to God.

My heart aches for those who have lost their mothers,

Nothing can be said to make the pain go away,

And I guess it never will,

Because a mother is never to be forgotten,

But what I can say is we all have memories that make us smile,

Cherish them and treasure their once existance,

Because right then and there,

Everything was perfect.


If I was damned of body and soul,
I know whose prayers would make me whole,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine.
~Rudyard Kipling

3 comments:

  1. iSA you will have ample time to make up for all the time you have spent away from your mother

    ReplyDelete