Saturday, 3 September 2011

Control.

You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.
~Brian Tracy


As human beings, in most situations we seek to present ourselves as victims. By doing so we gain control of what is to happen, whether it be the outcome of the situation or what feelings we wish to acknowledge.

Regardless of what we really are, it is how we see ourselves.

But what if we put an end to this act?

What if this play consisted of just one role?

A role which isn't influenced with the lust for empathy.


Imagine with me...


We've all been heartbroken... right?

But how many of us have dismissed that thought and accepted the reality of the circumstances instead of feeding on the pain to gain self-remorse?


Why do we have to settle for that phase which accompanies heart-break?


For me, from now on I'm not going to do so.


Neither should you.


By looking at the situation without over-analysing and accepting reality, I believe one can move on without living in the shadows of pain.

Doing so, is taking control over our own feelings.

Only we have the right to feel what we want to feel,
and no one should be settling for misery.


2 comments:

  1. I wish there was such thing as moving on without pain and trying to control your emotions. for me I can't do such thing although I would love to.. it's my first time on your blog and it's very interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deema: as long as u tell urself there's nothing to do, u'll end up doing nothing. Take a look at what u've gone through and the pain ur feeling? is it worth all that? if so why isn't it working out?

    Trust me we all reach a point where eventually we stop wanting to care for those who don't deserve us, u just need to believe in urself :)

    ReplyDelete